- Strengthens your shoulders, arms, thighs, legs and ankles.
- Stretches your groins, thighs, and ankles.
- Expands your chest, lungs and shoulders.
- Stimulates abdominal organs and digestion.
- Increases stamina and endurance.
- Rlieves backaches, especially through the second trimester of pregnancy.
- Improves balance, concentration and core awareness.
- High blood pressure Medical conditions that affect balance Diarrhea Neck problems.
- Keep your head and neck looking forward from the chest rather than over your front arm.
- If you have difficulty balancing or find the pose to deep, decrease the distance between your feet several inches;
- ensure that your right knee is sill over your heel and not over your toes.
- For deeper variation, move your left heel back a few more inches and bring the right thigh parallel with the floor, ensure that your right knee is still over your heel and not over your toes and keep your tailbone reaching lightly under.